Celtic Power & Machining based in Rapid City, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Machinist who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: Celtic Power & Machining
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Rapid City, MB
- The candidate must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts, and tables.
- The candidate will be expected to repair machine tools and parts.
- The candidate will be required to fit and assemble components and machine parts to tight tolerances.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain, repair, and calibrate precision measuring instruments.
- The candidate will be required to document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances.
- The candidate will be required to verify the dimensions of machined parts using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- The candidate will be required to compute dimensions and tolerances, as well as measure and lay out work pieces.
- The candidate will be expected to use precision measuring instruments to check the dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a Machinist Red Seal Endorsement certificate.
- The candidate must able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will not be covered by the employer.
- The candidate must be able to work with agricultural equipment.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate must be able to use precise measuring tools such as micrometres, callipers, calibrators, gauges, and verniers.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with Boring machines, Conventional Drill presses, Engine lathes, Honing machines, Lapping machines, Milling machines, Sawing machines, Shapers, and Computer-aided design (CAD).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have their own tools and steel-toed safety boots.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Life insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed