Riverport Tavern based in 132 Front St S, Sarnia, ON N7T 2M4 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Security guard who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time job. The shift timings include Evening, Night and Weekend.
Employer Name: Riverport Tavern
Position: Security guard
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 hourly for 15 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: 132 Front St S, Sarnia, ON N7T 2M4
- The candidate must assist clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate will be required to write reports.
- The candidate will be required to verify patrons’ age.
- The candidate will be expected to enforce regulations in order to maintain order, resolve conflicts, and monitor establishment activities.
- The candidate will be expected to patrol the designated areas.
- The candidate will be required to conduct security checks on passengers and luggage.
- The candidate must pick up and deliver cash and valuables.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a CPR certificate, a Security Guard licence, and a certificate from the Security Guard basic (pre-assignment) training programme.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The work environment is air conditioned.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate will be required to work in a bar, hotel, motel, or resort.
Experience and specialization
Type of Experience
- The candidate must be familiar with security systems/alarm consulting (residential)
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a basic security clearance.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must have safety equipment/gear, a uniform, and steel-toed safety boots.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Gratuities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.