Steve’s Livestock Transport based in Red Deer, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Driver, truck-trailer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, On Call, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning and (00:00 to 12:00).
Employer Name: Steve’s Livestock Transport
Position: Driver, truck-trailer
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $30.00 to $34.54 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Red Deer, AB
- The candidate must maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate will be expected to load and unload cargo.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate must receive and relay information to central dispatch.
- The candidate must load, unload, and transfer crates, supplies, farm produce, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have a Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks) and a Driver’s License (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be reliable.
On the road job
- The candidate will be required to work in various places.
- The candidate must travel frequently or constantly.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should have strong documentation knowledge in Driver logbook and Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip).
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul and Short-haul trips.
- The candidate should have good knowledge about Local, Provincial or territorial and Regional regions.
Security and Safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal record check, driving record check (abstract), and drug test.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Bonus, Gasoline paid and Mileage paid.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Long-term care insurance, Pension plan and Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP).
- In addition to the health, financial, and long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive employer-paid learning/training and a wellness programme.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.