B&R Eckel’s Transport Ltd. based in Red Deer, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver, freight who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: B&R Eckel’s Transport Ltd.
Position: Truck driver, freight
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $25.00 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Red Deer, AB
- The candidate must maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate will be expected to load and unload cargo.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing vehicle condition and inspecting tyres, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate must receive and relay information to central dispatch.
- The candidate must document cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled, and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks) and a Driver’s License (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to lift more than 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should have strong documentation knowledge in Accident or incident reports, Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment types are flatbed, straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles), and tractor-trailer.
- The candidate should have good knowledge about Local regions.
Security and Safety
- The candidate’s driving record should be thoroughly investigated (abstract).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Life insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job Reference Number- RD1720