Black Hand Transport Inc based in Red Deer, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Transport driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during Shift.
Employer Name: Black Hand Transport Inc
Position: Transport driver
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $30.00 to $34.00 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Red Deer, AB
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an Air Brakes Endorsement Certificate, a Driver’s License (Class 1 or A), a First Aid Certificate, and a Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate must be well-versed in driver logbook documentation.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience with trucking and equipment such as a tractor-trailer and a tractor-trailer B train.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate should be proficient in Operating GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment.
- The candidate should be familiar with Citizens Band (CB) radio.
- The candidate should be familiar with provincial/territorial and regional regions.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul and Short-haul trips.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract) and drug test
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have a cell phone.
- The candidate must have their own hard hat, steel-toed safety boots and tools.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Life insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
#102, 310 Burnt Park Way
Red Deer County, AB
T4S 2L4 Between 09:00 AM and 04:00 PM