Scientific Microwave Corporation based in Saint-Laurent, QC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Spray Painter, Metal Products who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Scientific Microwave Corporation, founded in 1986 by Dr. Saad, a leading scientist, engineer, and entrepreneur in the field of microwave technology innovation, provides advanced state-of-the-art technical expertise for the design, development, and production of passive microwave and millimetre wave components and subsystems for military, space, and commercial applications.
With over 20 years of consulting experience, SMC is not only a premier manufacturing facility, but also the cornerstone of technical support for many engineers in the industry. This has provided SMC with a broad range of industry knowledge in order to solve nearly every technical challenge that has been presented. SMC’s manufacturing facility is outfitted with cutting-edge machinery and staffed by highly qualified and trained employees. It has the advantage of bringing all production procedures and processes under one roof. SMC employs cutting-edge Quality Control equipment. All quality control procedures are clearly defined and documented.
Our in-process quality control procedures ensure that all products are uniformly conformant. SMC is an ISO-9001:2008 certified organisation. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The selected candidate must be available to work throughout the day shift
Employer Name: Scientific Microwave Corporation
Position: Spray Painter, Metal Products
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Saint-Laurent, QC
Type of Product: General metal products
- The candidate will be required to tend to or operate spray or coating equipment.
- The candidate will be required to choose or mix appropriate paints.
- The candidate must be able to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, and specifications.
- The candidate will be in charge of inventory organisation and maintenance.
- The candidate will be required to clean work area.
- The candidate will be in charge of preparing parts and assemblies for painting.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the facility and spray painting equipment are in good working order.
- The candidate must use a spray gun and apply paint in accordance with all specifications.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor machine gauges and equipment operation in order to detect defects/deviations from standards and make necessary adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to clean sprayers and power equipment with solvents, wire brushes, and cloths.
- The candidate will be expected to follow company requirements when selecting paint and matching paint colours using specified colour charts.
- The candidate will be in charge of all material and minor maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for filling, sanding, and smoothing surfaces that will be sprayed.
- The candidate will be required to apply masking tape and coverings over non-sprayed areas.
- After the paint has dried, the candidate will be responsible for inspecting and evaluating spray coatings.
- The candidate must prepare and apply stencils, decals, or other decorative items to finished products.
- The candidate must use heat or oven paint drying techniques for special purpose finishes.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect and measure parts in order to maintain statistical process control charts.
- The candidate should be fluent in both languages
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Registered Apprenticeship certificate or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills.
- The candidate should have excellent Excellent oral and written communication
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate must be familiar with breathing masks and protective clothing.
- The candidate must be familiar with the safe handling of solvents and chemicals.
- The candidate must be able to mix paint and adjust paint guns and systems.
- The candidate should be able to detect subtle colour differences.
- The candidate should have prior experience with hand-held spray guns.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
Work Site Environment
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate will be required to work in hot environments.
- To carry out their job duties, the candidate will be required to work in confined spaces and at various heights.
- The candidate is able to travel by public transportation.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting, standing and walking position
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
Work Location Information
- The employer would not pay relocation cost to the selected candidates
- Health, Long term, Financial and other benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits and Paramedical services coverage
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP and Long-term care insurance
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidates would get Bonus.
- In addition to the above mentioned health, financial and long term benefits the selected candidates would get other benefits in the form of free parking facilities and Travel insurance
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 219930
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications