Walmart has released a notification in which they’re inviting candidates for the post of Shunt Driver. Shunt Drivers are responsible for efficiently moving trailers and containers within the yard area. The responsibilities of Shunt Drivers are communication, documentation, yard organization, trailer maintenance and trailer movement. They are also responsible for safety and compliance as well.
Employer Name: Walmart
Position: Shunt Driver
Employment Type: Regular/Permanent
Location: Surrey, Canada
- Candidates are responsible to handle move, load and unload materials.
- Candidates have to check and operate reefers and heated trailers.
- Candidates will have to demonstrate good judgment when checking trailers and maintaining the shunt truck.
- Candidates have to create and update a daily yard check and shunt log.
- Candidates have to build LCV trailers and B-Train trailer combinations.
- Candidates are responsible for ensuring that they have to follow the rules of the yard at all times.
- Candidates must be 23 years or older.
- Candidates must have a good understanding of and comply with all Health and Safety guidelines.
- Candidates should have AZ / Class 1 Driver’s License.
- Candidates must attain the ability to be punctual.
- Candidates must attain the efficiency manner by placing or removing trailers to and from designated areas.
- Candidates must attain good communication skills.
- Candidates will get a clean work environment.
- Candidates will get a dedicated short-term disability life insurance plan.
- Candidates will get a highly competitive pay scale here.
- Candidates will get medical facilities and free treatments.
How to apply
All the candidates are requested to click on the link that we have shared below who are interested and eligible for the post of Shunt Driver. We thank all the candidates who apply for this post. Candidates have to share accurate information during registration otherwise their registration will be canceled.