Toronto Transit Commission based in Toronto, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Plumber who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Night.
Employer Name: Toronto Transit Commission
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $40.87, Plus $1 per hour Skilled Trade Premium for all regular hours worked
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Toronto, ON
- The candidate will be responsible for performing varied and complex scheduled/unscheduled maintenance work on plumbing fixtures, heating, drainage, air, water, grease, glycol, lube oil, transmission oil, and windshield washer fluid lines located at all TTC properties, including troubleshooting, installation, maintenance, repair, and renovation work.
- The candidate will be in charge of testing plumbing systems to determine the location and type of operational fault, performing corrective action, and testing to ensure proper operation.
- The candidate will be required to determine the piping system requirements and pipe sizing.
- The candidate will be required to measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size.
- The candidate will be required to study and analyse blueprints and floor plans in order to comprehend the layout of the plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems.
- The candidate will be in charge of cutting holes in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings.
- The candidate will be responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with dignity and respect, as well as ensuring that the needs of passengers and/or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within the scope of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders, so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service provider and employer.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have a valid Certificate of Qualification as a Plumber, which is normally obtained through Grade 12 education, as well as successful completion of the Plumbing apprenticeship training programme.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate must have a valid, non-probationary class “G” driver’s licence from the Province of Ontario.
- To be considered for this job, selected candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment medical examination, test fitting, and training for breathing respirators, as required by Ontario Regulation 490/09 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- As a successful bidder, the candidate must attend and successfully complete the Training Department’s truck driver instruction, as well as pass the written and practical tests required for a Class “D” Driver’s Licence, Subway/SRT Rule Book, and WHMIS Certification.
- The candidate will be required to attend and successfully complete various plumbing trade training programmes as directed by management.
- The candidate will be expected to provide a set of tools in accordance with the established tool list.
- A copy of your current Plumber Certificate of Qualification (306-A) must be submitted with your application.
- The candidate must have a thorough understanding of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders, including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements for passengers and employees.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have strong diagnostic skills.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about maintenance and repair tools.
- The candidate should have good problem- solving skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing and walking position for extended periods.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.