Self-serve gas bar cashier
Mobil Station based in 2226 – 2nd AVENUE, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 1C8 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Self-serve gas bar cashier who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours and Early Morning.
Employer Name: Mobil Station
Position: Self-serve gas bar cashier
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $16.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 2226 – 2nd AVENUE, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 1C8
- The candidate must be able to operate a cash register.
- The candidate must process money, cheques, and credit/debit card payments.
- The candidate must scan items.
- The candidate will have to accept payment for goods or services.
- The candidate will be expected to calculate daily/shift payments and reconcile them with total sales.
- The candidate will be in charge of suggestive selling.
- The candidate will be responsible for stocking shelves and cleaning the counter area.
- The candidate will be expected to greet customers.
- The candidate must provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate must calculate foreign currency exchange rates.
- The candidate will be required to verify the age of customers when selling lottery tickets, alcohol, or tobacco products.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in a gas bar.
Experience and specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about Electronic cash registers, Interac machines, and Price scanners.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.