Omnicare Pharmacy Ltd. based in Vancouver, BC is looking for candidates for the position of Pharmacy Technical Assistant who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Omnicare Pharmacy work with healthcare ecosystems to connect complex-care-needs patients to medication, information, and health care professionals. Our high-touch and custom personal approach is supported by exceptional results in patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction, and best patient outcomes.
We believe in partnering with health care professionals, and health care support systems to provide the best possible patient care. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to permanent employment or part time. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning and Morning
Employer Name: Omnicare Pharmacy Ltd.
Position: Pharmacy Technical Assistant
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 hourly for 20 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: Vancouver, BC
- The candidate will be required to maintain inventories of medications and prescription records of pharmaceutical products
- Compound oral solutions, ointments and creams.
- The candidate will be required to bill third party insurers.
- The candidate must ensure that the information on prescriptions is accurate, enter client information in databases and prepare medications for clients
- The candidate will be required to assist pharmacists by performing all clerical duties necessary to ensure that a pharmacy is running efficiently.
- The candidate would be responsible for answering telephone calls, manage the cash register, and restock shelves with medication and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- The candidate would be responsible for accurately typing and printing out prescription labels.
- The candidate must ensure that work areas are organized and clean.
- The candidate would be responsible for supporting pharmacological services by assembling, sorting, stocking, labelling and distributing medications
- The candidate would be responsible for undertaking administrative tasks such as record-keeping as assigned by a Physician or facility manager from time to time
- The candidate will be required to maintain a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- The candidate must ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- The candidate will be required to accurately count and pour medications from stock containers
- The candidate will be expected to communicate with healthcare providers in order to ensure the accuracy of prescription information.
- The candidate would be responsible for collecting payments for prescriptions from clients.
- The candidate will be required to maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed medications and supplies, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt, and removing outdated drugs.
- The candidate should know English
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should have excellent supply and inventory management skills
- The candidate should have exemplary customer service skills
- The candidate must be able to create a safe and productive environment
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills
- The candidate should be a team player.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate have good time-management skills
- The candidate should be accountable.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in standing positions.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter