BRIDGE TO CARE based in Red Deer, AB is looking for suitable applicants for the position of Personal Support Worker – Home Support who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Bridge to Care is ever-evolving so that people with disabilities are able to maximize their potential and involvement in community life. Providing services to individuals with disabilities can help achieve their potential and contribute to the social and economic vibrancy of their communities. We are driven by our Mission. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part-time leading to a full-time job.
Employer Name: BRIDGE TO CARE
Position: Personal Support Worker – Home Support
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $17.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Red Deer, AB
- The candidate will be required to provide companionship
- The candidate would be responsible for preparing and serving nutritious meals.
- The candidate would be in charge of medication administration.
- The candidate will be required to assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene.
- The candidate will be expected to go shopping for food and household supplies.
- The candidate will be required to provide personal care such as toileting, bathing, and perineal care.
- The candidate will be required to perform light housekeeping duties like cleaning and tidying the room or house, changing beds etc.
- The candidate would be in charge of washing, ironing and pressing clothes and household linens.
- In the absence of the householder, the candidate would be able to assume full responsibility for the household.
- The candidate will be in charge of mending clothing and linens
- The candidate would be in charge of providing bedside and personal care.
- The candidate will be required to feed or assist in feeding.
- The candidate will be expected to create therapeutic diets and menus.
- The candidate will be expected to participate clients in regular exercise, such as walking, to ensure that they maintain their strength and work toward recovery.
- The candidate would be responsible for working with elderly patients and providing one-on-one care.
- To prevent bed sores and maintain comfort levels, the candidate will be required to turn and position bedbound patients.
- The candidate would be responsible for changing non sterile dress.
- The candidate would be responsible for assisting with oral hygiene by cleaning dentures, brushing teeth and /or gums after meals and as required and also providing additional mouth care as necessary.
- When providing personal hygiene, candidates must observe and report the following: dry, cracked, swollen, or blistered lips, loose teeth and redness or swelling of the gums, condition of the dentures, and any other pain or discomfort.
- Candidates must also look for any skin redness on bony prominences such as the coccyx, heels, elbows, shoulder blades, and back of the head.
- The candidate will be required to respects clients wishes, beliefs and spiritual practices
- The candidate would be responsible for continuously observing patients and their environments i.e. they must report and document unsafe conditions and behavioral, physical, and / or cognitive changes to an appropriate supervisor, i.e., family member, employer, care coordinator, etc.
- The candidate will be required to support people with regards to decision making and lifestyle choices enabling them to take control of their own lives, increasing independence.
- The candidate must ensure that all personal care tasks are carried out in line with the needs, wishes and preferences of the individual.
- The candidate will be required to develop positive relationships with family and carers.
- The candidate would be responsible for caring a person or a family during periods of illness or recovery
- The candidate will be required to provide the highest quality care to service users in their own homes in accordance with their support plan, using a person-centered approach.
- The candidate will be required to assist people with disabilities or recovering from a condition in their homes.
- The candidate will be required to work within Health and Safety Regulations
- The candidate will be expected to help with therapeutic programmes for rehabilitation and development that have been agreed upon with appropriate clinical professionals.
- The candidate must provide a safe environment for those who require constant supervision and assistance.
- The candidate must remain alert to client problems or health issues and respond competently.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Other trades certificate or diploma or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 7 months to 1 year of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should have First Aid Certificate, CPR Certificate, Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate, Personal Support Worker Certificate, Community disability studies Certificate, Behaviour management Certification and Developmental services worker�SW)�aining.
- The candidate should have good interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature and have the ability to adapt to change.
- Candidates must understand and adhere to emergency procedures.
- The candidate should have good problem solving skills
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be optimistic.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates must be accustomed to working with and comprehending the needs of various types of patients.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should be a good listener.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should have experience in providing general care and support.
- The candidate should have good knowledge in home care services
Security and Safety
- The candidate should pass the Child welfare check
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate needs to check validity of driving licence and also the past driving records.
Work Site Environment
- Work places are completely smoke free.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate should be willing to travel.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting, standing and walking positions.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
Work Location Information
- The candidates will be required to work in employer’s or client’s home.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.