Orlando Enterprises based in Orléans, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Personal support worker – home support who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Casual employment or Part time leading to full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Orlando Enterprises
Position: Personal support worker – home support
No. of vacancies: 20
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 hourly for 20 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Casual employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Orléans, ON
- The candidate will be expected to provide bedside and personal care.
- The candidate will be expected to assist clients with bathing and other personal hygiene tasks.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in regular exercise, such as walking.
- The candidate will be expected to take full responsibility for the household (in absence of householder).
- The candidate will be in charge of changing non-sterile dressings.
- The candidate will have to feed or assist with feeding.
- The candidate will be expected to launder clothing and household linens.
- The candidate must perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- The candidate will be expected to plan therapeutic diets and menus.
- The candidate will be required to provide companionship.
- The candidate will be required to provide personal care.
- The candidate must go shopping for food and household supplies.
- The candidate will be expected to prepare and serve nutritious meals.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have completed Developmental Services Worker (DSW) Training.
- The candidate must have a CPR certificate, a first aid certificate, and a personal support worker certificate.
Work site environment
- The work environment is smoke-free.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate must have prior experience caring for adults, the elderly, people with disabilities, people with intellectual disabilities, people with physical disabilities, and people who are terminally ill.
Experience with special needs children
- The candidate must have prior experience with mobility assistance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Proof of the requested certifications