Bill and Stanley Oyster Company Inc. based in Larrys River, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Oyster packer – fish processing who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Bill and Stanley Oyster Company Inc.
Position: Oyster packer – fish processing
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $16.00 hourly for 40 hours per 40 to 55 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Larrys River, NS
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting products and packaging for defects, ensuring conformance to company standards, and performing corrective machine adjustments as needed.
- The candidate will be required to record production information.
- The candidate will be in charge of setting up and operating machines used to can, bag, box, or otherwise package fish and seafood products.
- The candidate will be required to set up and use equipment to clean, cut, cook, smoke, brine, dehydrate, or otherwise process fish or seafood products.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in cold/refrigerated and wet/damp conditions.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
- The candidate does not have access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options