Long haul truck driver
Trans Can Trucking Ltd. based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Long haul truck driver has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Trans Can Trucking Ltd.
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 16
Salary: $27.75 hourly for 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Surrey, BC
- The candidate must have mountain driving experience.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence, an air brake endorsement, a Class 1/1F/A licence (semi trailer trucks), an air brake (Z) endorsement, a driver’s licence (Class 1 or A), and a Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certificate.
- The candidate must be able to lift weights of up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs) and 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Dangerous goods occurrence reports, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports, Trans-border documentation and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Trucking and equipment types include dry bulk, refrigerated, straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles), and tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be familiar with Citizens Band (CB) radio.
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about international, national, provincial, and territorial regions.
- The candidate must have long-haul transportation experience.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough driving record check (abstract), drug test, and medical exam.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel across borders.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to travel overnight.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have a cell phone, a hard hat, and steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.