Azaad Transport Ltd based in Calgary, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate must be available to work during Flexible Hours. The position of Long haul truck driver has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Azaad Transport Ltd
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $28.86 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Calgary, AB
- The candidate must have mountain driving experience.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must drive lighter, special-purpose trucks.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate will be required to obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will have to pay for and receive payments for goods.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
63 Saddlelake Way NE