Kingsley Ojumoola based in Kitchener, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Live-in caregiver, child care who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night and Morning.
Employer Name: Kingsley Ojumoola
Position: Live-in caregiver, child care
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.50 hourly 30 to 37.5 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Kitchener, ON
- The candidate will be expected to take full responsibility for the household in the absence of parents.
- The candidate will be required to perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- The candidate will be required to accompany the family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties.
- The candidate must bathe, dress, and feed infants and children.
- The candidate will be in charge of keeping daily activity and health records for children.
- The candidate will be required to maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home.
- The candidate will be expected to organise activities for children such as games and outings.
- The candidate will be in charge of preparing and serving healthy meals.
- The candidate must prepare infants and children for rest periods.
- The candidate must sterilise bottles, prepare formula, and change infant diapers.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising and caring for children.
- The candidate will be responsible for transporting children to and from school and appointments.
- The candidate will be expected to look after the emotional well-being of children.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma in other trades or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- Fluency in Yoruba language is an asset.
- The candidate must have Emergency Child Care First Aid and CPR, as well as a CPR Certificate and a First Aid Certificate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be reliable.
Work site environment
- The work environment is smoke-free and odor-free.
- The candidate will be required to work at the employer’s residence.
Security and safety
- The candidate must provide valid reference information.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough Vulnerable Sector check.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed