Pro Vita Care Management based in Kamloops, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.) who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night and Morning.
Employer Name: Pro Vita Care Management
Position: Licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.)
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $28.43 to $32.98 hourly for 14 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: Kamloops, BC
- The candidate must administer medication as well as observe and document therapeutic effects.
- The candidate must take vital signs, use aseptic techniques such as sterile dressing, control infection, monitor nutritional intake, and collect specimens.
- The candidate will be responsible for monitoring established respiratory and intravenous therapy.
- The candidate will be expected to provide individuals and their families with safety and health education.
- The candidate will be expected to provide nursing services to patients within a defined scope of practise based on patient assessment and care planning procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor patients’ progress, evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions, and consult with members of the healthcare team as needed.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma from a 1 to 2 year College, CEGEP, or other non-university programme.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must be eligible for practical nurse licensure in the province/territory of employment, as well as have a CPR and First Aid certificate.
- The candidate will be required to work in a nursing home or a home for the elderly.
Security and safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal background check and tuberculosis test.
- The candidate should have their Immunization records.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Maternity and parental benefits and Other benefits.
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Paid time off (volunteering or personal days).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.