Washday Laundry Centre based in BROCK ST AND DUNDAS, Whitby, ON L1N 4K4 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Laundry attendant who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend and Morning.
Employer Name: Washday Laundry Centre
Position: Laundry attendant
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 33 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: BROCK ST AND DUNDAS, Whitby, ON L1N 4K4
- The candidate will be required to mix and add detergents, dyes, bleaches, starches, and other solutions and chemicals.
- The candidate will be required to operate dry cleaning and washing machines, dryers, and blow drying machines to clean and dry garments, draperies, cushion covers, sheets, blankets, furs, and other articles.
- The candidate will be required to hand fold and bag shirts, sheets, and other articles.
- The candidate must hand iron fine linens or dry-clean silk garments.
- The candidate will be expected to assemble and bag finished products.
- The candidate will be required to inspect finished dry-cleaned or laundered articles to ensure that establishment standards are met.
- The candidate must match invoices or tags to dry-cleaned or laundered articles.
- The candidate must document any damage or improper cleaning or laundering of articles.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in a dry cleaning and laundry establishment.
Experience and specialization
Type of experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with dry cleaning (general) and spotting (pre).
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with dryers, hand-held steam irons, and washing machines.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate will receive free parking, employer-paid learning/training, and on-site amenities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
352 Brock Street suite 11
L1N 4K4 Between 11:00 AM and 05:00 PM