UBC has released a notification in which they’re inviting candidates for the post of JBRC Research Technician. They will work under little supervision in direct consultation with the Operations or Assistant Manager. They are responsible for husbandry of various species, changing cages, observing and monitoring animal health, facility maintenance/cleanliness, sanitising of caging and equipment, cage preparation, and autoclaving cages. For more details read the article to acquire this position.
Employer Name: UBC
Position: JBRC Research Technician
No. of vacancies:
Salary: $3,989.78 – $4,375.79 per month
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: UBC Off-Campus Hospital Sites
- Candidates have to change cages for rodent species, frogs, rabbits & pigs.
- They will monitor the health of these species by completing regular health checks.
- They will process cages, bottles, racks and other equipment i.e.: dumping dirty cages, putting cages and equipment through the cage washer, filling clean cages, preparing cages for sterilisation.
- They will upkeep (sweeping and mopping) of facility, sanitising, disinfection, disease control, following procedures outlined by CCAC, UBC ACC, and UBC regulations.
- Candidates must have undergone High school graduation.
- They must have a minimum one year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- They must have registered for Laboratory Animal Technician Certification.
- Candidates must keep record and documentation of room conditions, pest management, food and bedding receiving and general facility maintenance, etc.
- They must be able to follow standard operating procedures specific to the laboratory.
- They must have computer skills like Word, Excel and Mosaic Vivarium.
- Candidates will gain Health care and Dental.
- They will obtain life Insurance.
- Additionally, they will possess Paid Vacation.
How to apply
Candidates who are fascinated by the JBRC Research Technician and meet the eligibility criteria required to provide accurate information during the registration process. Using the provided application link is a mandatory requirement.