Innovapost based in Toronto, ON is is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Java Programmer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. As an integral part of the Canada Post Group of Companies, we understand our sister companies’ business opportunities and challenges. We use this understanding to provide support and services that drive synergies and efficiencies across the Group. We’re an end-to-end provider that values end-to-end skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to permanent employment or full time. The selected candidate would have the option of working remotely as well.
Employer Name: Innovapost
Position: Java Programmer
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $112,000 to $125,000 annually for 37.5 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Toronto, ON ; Remote work available
- The candidate will be required to write, modify, integrate and test software code.
- The candidate would be responsible for identifying and communicating technical problems, processes and solutions.
- The candidate will be required to prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- The candidate must be able to assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements.
- The candidate must be able to assist in the development of logical and physical specifications.
- The candidate will be required to maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required.
- The candidate will be required to work with Business Analysts and Technical Leads on design aspects to meet technical and business requirements
- The candidate would be responsible for designing and implementing Java-based applications.
- The candidate would be responsible for recommending changes to existing Java infrastructure.
- The candidate would be responsible for developing documentation to assist users.
- The candidate must ensure continuous professional self-development.
- The candidate would be responsible for all stages of software development lifecycle
- The candidate would be responsible transforming requirements into stipulations.
- The candidate must be able to ensure that designs are in compliance with specifications.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Computer Science and Computer Software Engineering
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 5 years of working experience.
- The candidate should have sound knowledge in Object-Oriented programming languages and Java.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills
- The candidate must have strong analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be hardworking and able to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- The candidate should have strong knowledge in Database software and Software development.
- The candidate should be proficient in Enterprise Applications Integration (EAI) and API
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed
- The selected candidate would get health care, Disability benefits and Dental plan as part of their compensation package.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate would get Bonus.
- Under long term benefits, the selected candidate would get Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Pension plan, Maternity and parental benefits
- In addition to the benefits mentioned above the selected candidates would expect to get On-site recreation and activities, Learning/training paid by employer, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days), Team building opportunities, Parking available, Travel insurance and Wellness program.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter