KCC EMPLOYMENT AGENCY based in Portage la Prairie, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Harvesting labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: KCC EMPLOYMENT AGENCY
Position: Harvesting labourer
No. of vacancies: 40
Salary: $12.07 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Portage la Prairie, MB
- The candidate will be in charge of cleaning the crop.
- The candidate will be in charge of grading.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting vegetables by hand.
- The candidate will be in charge of crop hoeing.
- The candidate will be required to pick row and orchard crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of stone and/or wood picking.
- The candidate will be required to write basic progress reports on a daily basis.
- The candidate will be expected to clean the work area.
- The candidate will be responsible for sorting and packing fruits and vegetables.
- The candidate must load, unload, and transfer crates, supplies, farm produce, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
Work Site Environment
- Farm operations include corn farming, dry pea and bean farming, fruit and vegetable combination farming, oilseed (except soybean) farming, other grain farming, other vegetables and melon farming (except potato), soybean farming, and wheat farming.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- Accommodation will be provided for the candidate.
- The candidate will be provided with room and board.
- The candidate must be willing to work in rural and remote areas.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
- The candidate will be required to work in an airline ticket office.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- Crops include Apples, Artisanal crops, Asparagus, Bell peppers, Blueberries, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflowers, Cherries, Cucumbers, Field berries, Garlic, Ginger, Ginseng, Grapes, Melons, Onions, Orchard fruit, Raspberries, Seed corn, Soybeans, Strawberries, Sweet corn, Tomatoes, Worms, Zucchinis, Berries, Potatoes, Sugar beets, Vegetables, Grains and Mushrooms
Security and Safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough medical examination as well as a criminal background check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- Health and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Health care plan.
- In addition to the health benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive free parking, employer-paid learning/training, on-site housing options, team building opportunities, employer-provided transportation, and travel insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 2154671