Moods Hair Salon LTD based in Vancouver, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Hairstylist apprentice who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined. The position of Hairstylist apprentice has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Moods Hair Salon LTD
Position: Hairstylist apprentice
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: 17.00 hourly for 32 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Vancouver, BC
- The candidate must cut and trim hair according to the client’s instructions or preferences.
- The candidate will be expected to shampoo customers’ hair.
- The candidate will be responsible for providing additional hair treatments such as waving, straightening, and tinting, as well as scalp conditioning massages.
- The candidate will be expected to analyse hair and scalp conditions and provide basic treatment or advice on scalp and hair beauty care treatments.
- The candidate will be required to colour, frost, or streak hair with bleach, tints, dyes, or rinses.
- The candidate will be required to apply hair extensions.
- The candidate will be expected to clean and style wigs and hair pieces.
- The candidate will be expected to cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm, and style hair.
- The candidate must either suggest a hairstyle that is compatible with the client’s physical features or determine a style based on the client’s instructions and preferences.
- The candidate will be expected to perform receptionist duties.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain and order supplies.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma from a College, CEGEP, or other non-university programme lasting 3 months to less than 1 year, or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
Experience and specialization
Hair styling techniques
- The candidate must be skilled in hair styling techniques such as blow drying and iron waving/curling.
Security and safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.