Toronto Transit Commission based in Toronto, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General Painter who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The selected candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: Toronto Transit Commission
Position: General Painter
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $40.33 – Plus a $1.25 per hour Skilled Trade Premium for all regular hours worked
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Toronto, ON
- The candidate will be responsible for preparing and applying paint, wall coverings, or other finishes to a wide range of interior and exterior surfaces such as plaster, drywall, wood, or metal using a variety of techniques such as scraping, sanding, brushing, and spraying.
- The candidate will be in charge of glazing windows and skylights, as well as creating engraved signs.
- The candidate will be required to set up and operate a computerised engraving machine and a bevelling machine in the fabrication of signs; upon completion, signs may be installed.
- The candidate will be required to drive a Commission vehicle to work locations to transport crew and equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to advise customers on colour schemes and wall covering options.
- The candidate will be responsible for adhering to high-quality standards in order to reduce defects and exceed company standards while maintaining an acceptable material cost.
- The candidate will be required to operate a forklift to load and unload materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with dignity and respect, as well as ensuring that the needs of passengers and/or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within your area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders, so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service provider and employer.
- The candidate should be fluent in English Language.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3.5 years of experience, including one year as a Painter’s Improver to become proficient in all aspects of the job.
- The candidate must have a certificate of qualification from the Ontario Ministry of Skills Development as a Commercial and Residential Painter and Decorator. This is typically obtained through the completion of a Grade 12 education and an apprenticeship training programme.
- The candidate must hold a valid class “G” Ontario driver’s licence.
- The candidate must attend training and pass the written and driving tests set by the Operations Training Centre in order to operate Commission vehicles and forklifts.
- The candidate must have a thorough understanding of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders, including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements for passengers and employees.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature and have the ability to adapt to change.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be familiar with all applicable health and safety regulations.
- The candidate must be able to complete projects on time and within budget.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours.
- The candidate should be prepared to work under dangerous work conditions
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate will be required to work in areas with a high odour density.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.