Toronto Transit Commission based in Toronto, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of HVAC – Mechanic who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The selected candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: Toronto Transit Commission
Position: HVAC – Mechanic
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $42.60/hr, Plus $1.25 Skilled Trade Premium for all Regular Hours Worked.
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Toronto, ON
- The candidate will be required to perform a variety of mechanical maintenance, testing, installation, inspection, repair, and overhaul work on a variety of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems located both inside and outside Commission buildings.
- The candidate will be required to repair systems include heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, as well as associated equipment such as pumps, compressors, humidifiers, chillers, air conditioners, heat pumps, boilers, gas burners, furnaces, unit heaters, make-up air units, propane equipment, and exhaust fans, as well as air/water flow and temperature controls, and building control systems.
- The candidate must be able to drive a vehicle to transport crew, tools, parts, and equipment to and from work locations as needed.
- The candidate will be responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity, as well as ensuring that the needs of passengers and/or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within the scope of responsibility), so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service provider and employer.
- The candidate will be expected to estimate the costs of parts and labour.
- The candidate will be in charge of maintaining daily logs and records for all maintenance functions.
- The candidate must exhibit behaviours that promote diversity, inclusion, and a respectful work and service environment free of discrimination and harassment. Contributes to the removal of barriers and the accommodation of employees and customers (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a valid Province of Ontario Certificate of Qualification as a Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic (313-A) issued by the Ontario College of Trades and have successfully completed the apprenticeship programme.
- The candidate must have a valid Gas Technician 1 Certificate from the Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA), which also requires valid Gas Technician 2 and 3 Certificates as prerequisites.
- The candidate must be able to operate computerised HVAC control and management systems.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate must hold a valid non-probationary Class “G” driver’s licence from the Province of Ontario.
- The successful candidate will be required to attend and successfully complete various training courses such as (but not limited to) Ozone Depletion Certification, computerised building automation systems, operation of a TTC vehicle, Subway/SRT Rule Book and WHMIS certification, forklift truck, motorised lifting devices, fall protection, dangerous goods, and so on.
- The candidate must keep up with changing technology and techniques by attending supplemental training courses required by the TSSA as well as those provided by HVAC equipment manufacturers/contractors.
- The candidate must have a thorough understanding of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders, including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements for passengers and employees.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have strong diagnostic skills
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about maintenance and repair tools.
- The candidate should have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be able to accept criticism while remaining calm and effective in high-stress situations.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.