Everdale based in P.O. Box 29, Hillsburgh, ON N0B 1Z0 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, vegetables who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Everdale
Position: Farm worker, vegetables
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $17.60 hourly for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: P.O. Box 29, Hillsburgh, ON N0B 1Z0
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of weeding.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect the product for quality and prepare it for market.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- Farm operations include fruit and vegetable combination farming, organic farming, and other vegetables and melon farming (except potato).
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp and hot conditions.
- Accommodation will be provided for the candidate.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will not be covered by the employer.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- The crops are cabbage, carrots, garlic, and tomatoes.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate will be provided with free parking as well as on-site housing options.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed