DRIFTWOOD RESTAURANT Campbell River based in 4329 ISLAND HWY S, Campbell River, BC V9H 1B7 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Cook who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift and Overtime
Employer Name: DRIFTWOOD RESTAURANT Campbell River
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 hourly for 30 hours per 30 to 57 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 4329 ISLAND HWY S, Campbell River, BC V9H 1B7
- The candidate must prepare and cook complete meals as well as individual dishes and foods.
- The candidate must inspect kitchens and food service areas.
- The candidate must keep inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment.
- The candidate must clean the kitchen and work areas.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- Candidate’s fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin language is an asset
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in a restaurant.
- Accommodation will be provided for the candidate.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and specialization
- Cuisine specialties include Cantonese, Szechuan, and Dim Sum.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Gratuities.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits.
- In addition to the Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed