Glenmore Garden Market based in 621 glenmore road north, Kelowna, BC V1V 2C7 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, general who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: Glenmore Garden Market
Position: Farm worker, general
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $15.65 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: 621 glenmore road north, Kelowna, BC V1V 2C7
- The candidate will be in charge of cleaning the crop.
- The candidate will be in charge of fruit tree training.
- The candidate will be in charge of grading.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting vegetables by hand.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting seedlings.
- The candidate will be in charge of vegetable culling.
- The candidate will be in charge of weeding.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- Farm operations include fruit and vegetable combination farming and other vegetables and melon farming (except potato).
- The candidate must be able to work in hot conditions.
- Accommodation will be provided for the candidate.
- The candidate will be provided with room and board.
- The candidate will be required to work in an urban area.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- Crops include bell peppers, cabbage, cauliflowers, cherries, cucumbers, field berries, garlic, onions, raspberries, seed corn, strawberries, sweet corn, tomatoes, and zucchini.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have previous experience with a fruit harvester, a tractor, and a vegetable harvester.
- The employer will provide the candidate with a vehicle.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Financial and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive paid Gasoline.
- In addition to the Financial benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking, On-site amenities, On-site housing options, Team building opportunities and Employer-provided transportation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter