Farm worker, general
Canadian Farms Produce Inc. based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, general who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Canadian Farms Produce Inc.
Position: Farm worker, general
No. of vacancies: 20
Salary: $15.65 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Surrey, BC
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting vegetables by hand.
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of vegetable culling.
- The candidate will be required to fertilise and spray crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must clean stables, barns, barnyards, and pens.
- The candidate must detect disease and health issues in crops, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect the product for quality and prepare it for market.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, dusty, hot, and cold/refrigerated conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The type of farm operation is potato and vegetable farming.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- The crops are cabbage, carrots, and potatoes.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- CF F-W
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples