Farm worker, general
GLG Organics based in Leamington, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, general who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work the day shift from 07:00 to 17:00.
Employer Name: GLG Organics
Position: Farm worker, general
No. of vacancies: 30
Salary: $15.00 hourly for 30 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Leamington, ON
- The candidate will be required to transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings.
- The candidate will be required to spray or dust plants with insecticides and fungicides.
- The candidate must report any signs of insect or disease damage.
- The candidate will be required to pot and re-pot plants.
- The candidate will be required to plant bulbs and seeds.
- The candidate will be required to mix and prepare soils.
- The candidate will be expected to help prune trees, shrubs, and plants.
- The candidate will be expected to help with grafting activities.
- The candidate will have to apply fertilisers.
- The candidate will be expected to water and care for plants, lawns, and/or gardens.
- The candidate will be expected to clean the work area.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
Work Site Environment
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp and hot conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- The crops are cucumbers and tomatoes.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be able to handle a heavy workload.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.