Amrit Abby Farm based in 2870, Tolmie Road, Abbotsford, BC V3G 2T9 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm manager who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Amrit Abby Farm
Position: Farm manager
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $25.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 2870, Tolmie Road, Abbotsford, BC V3G 2T9
- The candidate must maintain farm machinery, equipment, and buildings.
- The candidate will be expected to manage the farm’s overall operation.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and coordinate planting, cultivating, and crop harvesting activities, as well as raise and breed livestock and poultry.
- The candidate must purchase machinery, livestock, seed, feed, and other supplies.
- The candidate must determine the amount and types of crops to be grown, as well as the livestock to be raised.
- The candidate will be expected to create marketing programmes.
- The candidate will be expected to keep financial and production records.
- The candidate will be expected to carry out general farm duties.
- The candidate will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, and supervising staff and/or volunteers.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise 5 to 10 people.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate must be able to work in hot conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- Crops include blueberries.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
2870, Tolmie Road