Chabad of Midtown based in 1344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON M5R 3H7 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Early childhood educator assistant who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Chabad of Midtown
Position: Early childhood educator assistant
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $20.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: 1344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON M5R 3H7
- At staff meetings, the candidate will be expected to discuss the progress and problems of children.
- The candidate will be required to bathe, diaper, and feed infants and toddlers.
- The candidate will be expected to assist early childhood educators in carrying out programmes that promote children’s physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development.
- The candidate will be expected to engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs, and preparing crafts.
- The candidate will be expected to prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods.
- The candidate will be required to submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors.
- The candidate will be expected to place orders for supplies and equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining daycare equipment as well as assisting with housekeeping and cooking duties.
- The candidate will be expected to assist early childhood educators or supervisors with record keeping.
- Before and after regular school hours, the candidate will be expected to plan and organise activities for school-age children in child-care programmes.
- The candidate must supervise and coordinate the activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
- The candidate will be in charge of storytelling.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma from a college, CEGEP, or other non-university programme lasting one to two years, or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a First Aid Certificate, an Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate, and a CPR Certificate.
- The candidate will be responsible for children aged up to 12 years.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 5 to 10 people.
- The candidate should have prior experience working with children who have a physical disability, children who have behavioural issues, children who have allergies, children who have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or attention deficit disorder (ADD), and children who have asthma.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough medical examination, immunization records, a tuberculosis test, and a criminal record check.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
- Public transportation is available for the candidate to use.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in Urban area.
Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- The candidate will be required to plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of latest school transcript