AMAR ENTERPRISES LTD. based in 2125 33B AVE NW, Edmonton, AB T6T 0H5 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: AMAR ENTERPRISES LTD.
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $27.50 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 2125 33B AVE NW, Edmonton, AB T6T 0H5
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip) and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment types are Dump truck, Flatbed, Tractor-trailer, Tractor-trailer A train and Tractor-trailer B train.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be familiar with the Citizens band (CB) radio.
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must be well-versed in international, local, national and provincial or territorial regions.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal background check, driving record check (abstract) and medical exam.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.