Student Transportation of Canada based in Woodstock, ON is looking suitable candidates for the position of Driver, School Bus who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Student Transportation of Canada is dedicated to maintaining the highest levels of safety in all work environments and operational activities. We make certain that all of the transportation services we provide are safe, secure, and dependable. We place a premium on driver training, vehicle maintenance, and maintaining a modern fleet.
We chose to recognise each brand’s hard work and goodwill. We strive to maintain the trust that these operations have built with their customers and communities over time — some for as long as 50 years — when we safely transport children to and from school every day. Student Transportation of Canada conducts additional background checks on all personnel beyond what is necessary by provincial regulations, ensuring that they are qualified to function at the highest levels of security. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time job. The shift timing includes Day, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Student Transportation of Canada
Position: Driver, School Bus
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $18.5 weekly for 15 to 25 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: Woodstock, ON
- The candidate should be fluent in English Language
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication
- The candidate must be able to drive for long periods of time and travel frequently.
- The candidate must be adaptable and foresighted in order to deal with unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of safety regulations, including not only traffic laws but also rules governing how often they must rest, the maximum number of miles they can drive, and so on.
- The candidate should be familiar with basic first aid procedures.
- The candidate should have excellent Hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to complete the assigned route on time.
- The candidate should always look for ways to improve and promote quality, and should be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- The candidate should be well-versed in basic vehicle inspection and maintenance, such as checking tyre pressure and oil and water levels.
- The candidate must be able to operate a loaded passenger bus safely and efficiently.
- The candidate must travel frequently or constantly
- The candidate must be able to comprehend and adhere to safety procedures.
- The candidate should be well-versed in motor vehicle laws.
- The candidate should have extensive knowledge of vehicle maintenance and the ability to diagnose mechanical problems.
- The candidate should have clean driving record with no at-fault accidents or traffic citations
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting position
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be physically fit.
- The candidate must be able to remain calm in a stressful situation
- The candidate must be aware of traffic and weather conditions, as well as ensure passenger safety.
- The candidate must adhere to the planned route and schedule for departure times and stops.
- The candidate will be expected to obey and follow all traffic laws.
- The candidate will be expected to check vehicle safety features such as tyres, brakes, turn signals, mechanical equipment, and so on on a regular basis.
- The candidate will be responsible for tracking and reporting fuel consumption, mileage, and passenger counts.
- The candidate will be required to report delays, mechanical problems and accidents
- The candidate will be expected to maintain control of student activities while travelling in order to avoid distractions or behaviours that could jeopardise safety
- The candidate would be responsible for responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- The candidate will be responsible for pre-trip, en route, and post-trip vehicle inspections, as well as overseeing all aspects of the vehicle.
- The candidate will be required to make roadside repairs in the event of an emergency.
- The candidate will be required to adjust brakes.
- The candidate will be required to follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- The candidate will be required to drive with extreme caution.
- The candidate would be in charge of keeping the vehicle clean.
- When necessary, the candidate will be required to assist with bus loading and unloading.
- The candidate will be responsible for enforcing bus conduct and safety rules.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect the bus before and after each route.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the safety of all students entering and exiting the bus.
- The candidate will be expected to arrive at pick-up and drop-off locations on time.
- The candidate must complete maintenance records and incident reports.
- In order to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner, the candidate will be required to follow traffic regulations.
- The candidate will be responsible for safely transporting students to and from school and school-related activities.
- Before driving, the candidate must ensure that any mechanical issues with the vehicle are corrected.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- Woodstock042022