City of Toronto company has recently released a job notification for the position of Dental Assistant. All candidates are also requested to check out all the details regarding the company and the job post as well. City of Toronto dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents. In this post, candidates will clean and sterilise instruments and disinfect the working area after each patient as per IPAC guidelines. All the opportunities and details has posted on the City’s Internal Job Posting Portal.
Employer Name: City of Toronto
Position: Dental Assistant
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $31.04 – $34.02 per hour
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: 277 Victoria Street, 179 Gerrard Street East
- All candidates will set up and close the dental operation daily.
- They will also assist in school screening with the hygienist, helping to set up, take down and load portable equipment.
- They have to prepare solutions for use in the clinic, i.e. cold sterilisation solutions, hypochlorite solution, cleaning agents.
- They are also responsible for processes and recording digital x-rays.
- Candidates also have to participate in the preparation of teaching lessons and materials.
- They will record findings in dental records and data processing forms.
- Candidates also have to answer the telephone, make and confirm appointments, and take messages.
- Applicants will also receive and prepare patients for dental hygienist and dentist.
- They have to maintain stationary and dental supplies in assigned school clinics.
- Candidates must have a Graduate of Dental Assistant Course and an approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- They also must have experience in the use and maintenance of dental instruments and equipment.
- They are also requested to have experience in dental asepsis procedures.
- Candidates must have good interpersonal skills and proficiency in patient management.
- Possession of HARP Certificate would be an asset for candidates.
- Candidates must have the ability to perform four handed dentistry.
- They have to conduct dental health presentations to children and seniors.
- They also have to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Candidates are also requested to have knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) practices in a dental practice setting as outlined by Public Health Ontario.
- The company will provide equal opportunities to their employers.
- The City of Toronto will also provide barrier-free and accessible employment.
How to apply
All candidates who are interested in the position of Dental Assistant are requested to kindly check the eligibility. Applicants have to register as soon as possible because the registration process has already started and will end shortly. For registration candidates are kindly requested to click the link given below.