Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board based in Mississauga, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Cleaner who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Part time job. The shift timings include Evening and Shift (04:00 to 08:30).
Employer Name: Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $23.15 hourly for 20 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Part time
Location: Mississauga, ON
- The candidate must clean windows, interior walls, and ceilings.
- The candidate must move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- The candidate will be expected to work with little supervision.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct safety and security checks.
- The candidate must clean and disinfect bathrooms and fixtures.
- The candidate must sweep, mop, scrub, and wax hallways, floors, and stairs.
- The candidate will be expected to use industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris, and other waste.
- The candidate must empty trash cans and other waste containers.
- The candidate will be required to make minor adjustments and repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, and electrical systems, as well as contact tradespeople for major repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform minor appliance repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to clear snow and ice from walkways and parking lots.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate will be required to work in an office building as well as a school or educational institution/establishment.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with steam cleaners, industrial vacuum cleaners/power sweepers, polishing machines, carpet cleaning machines, and waxing machines.
- The candidate must be familiar with snowblowers, power lawn mowers, small tractors (lawn/snow removal attachments), and security systems.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must have their own uniform and steel-toed safety boots.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed