Cheese factory worker
Salt Spring Island Cheese Company based in 285 Reynolds Rd, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 1Y2 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Cheese factory worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Salt Spring Island Cheese Company
Position: Cheese factory worker
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $21.00 hourly for 60 to 80 hours bi-weekly
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 285 Reynolds Rd, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 1Y2
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about food safety and handling.
- The candidate will be required to manually pack goods into bags, boxes, or other containers.
- The candidate will be responsible for feeding and unloading processing machines.
- The candidate must inspect products and packaging for basic quality defects.
- The candidate will be expected to clean machines and surrounding work areas.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in a dairy and food and beverage plant.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- Health and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- In addition to the Health benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive free parking, employer-paid learning/training and on-site amenities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter