City of Thunder Bay has declared a notification in which they’re inviting candidates for the post of Automotive Technician. Candidates must comprehend the duties and accountabilities and give their utmost effort, which is essential. They will participate in the development and implementation of all repair and preventative maintenance programs, and perform testing, diagnosis, repairs and preventative maintenance on all types of buses and equipment. All the candidates who are interested for the post, check the given information first.
Employer Name: City of Thunder Bay
Position: Automotive Technician
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $33.51 hourly
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: CA-ON-Thunder Bay
- Candidates will participate in implementation of repair prioritisation and preventative maintenance programs and servicing.
- They will participate in the development of tenders for equipment and complete inspection of the same upon delivery.
- They must perform required schedule preventative maintenance servicing on prescribed vehicles and equipment.
- They will perform and issue legislated six-month bus vehicle safety inspection certificates.
- Candidates must possess a valid Certificate of Qualification as a Truck and Coach Technician, Code 310T, as outlined in the Ontario Apprenticeship and Certification Act (A.C.A.)
- They must have three years’ current experience as a certified mechanic in diesel and gasoline engines including heavy duty equipment, hydraulics, air brake systems, and vehicle electronics.
- Candidates must have the ability to provide technical direction regarding proper operation, minor maintenance servicing and minor repairs to operating personnel as required.
- They should possess the capability to record and provide accurate data on repair orders regarding all servicing repairs and conditions found.
- They must have the capacity to test all vehicles and equipment after performing P.M. maintenance or repair to ensure safety.
- Candidates will get a competitive salary.
- They will get a matching pension plan.
- They will get paid vacation and holidays.
- They will get health benefits coverage – 100% employer paid health, vision, & dental benefits.
- They will get life insurance & accidental death & dismemberment insurance (1.5 times your annual salary)
How to apply
We kindly implore all candidates eligible and interested in the Automotive Technician role to utilise the link below for swift registration, ensuring the provision of relevant information, as the registration process is currently commenced and nearing its closure.