The City of Toronto company has recently released a job notification for the position of Animal Control Officer 1. They are responsible for effective investigation with a focus on rigorous fact-finding, fairness, timelines and attention to detail. Where all candidates are also requested to check out all the details regarding the post before applying if they meet the requirements then they have to register themselves. Learn more about the company.
Employer Name: City of Toronto
Position: Animal Control Officer 1
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $43.16 per hour
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall
- All candidates have to conduct and oversee complex sensitive and confidential investigations relating to City of Toronto Municipal Code Chapters, City bylaws and provincial statutes.
- They also have to lead, direct and define the priority and scope of investigations.
- They will also coordinate a list of people to be interviewed, communicate with complainants and also conduct on- site interviews.
- They have to participate in the delivery of public education programs and animal services events.
- Candidates also have to utilise computer systems for case management, data input, information retrieval, and other information technologies related to animal services.
- All candidates must have Post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- They also must have Post-secondary education (certification or diploma) in animal care from a recognized institution.
- They also must possess and maintain a valid Province of Ontario, Class “G” Driver’s License.
- Considerable experience working directly with animals would be an asset.
- All candidates must have good physical condition, strength and agility.
- They must have an understanding of animal behaviour in domestic and wildlife species.
- They have to spend time on driving, handling and lifting animals, including deer, large dogs and heavy articles weighing up to 25 kg.
- Candidates are also requested to have the ability to work rotating shifts.
- The company will provide a barrier-free work environment and accessible employment.
- They will also provide equal opportunities to their employers.
How to apply
All candidates who are interested and also meet all the eligible criteria for the position of Animal Control Officer 1 are requested to kindly check the eligibility. To be a part of the City of Toronto they have to register as soon as possible because the registration process has already started and will end shortly. Candidates have to add their correct information in registration otherwise it will be cancelled. For the registration process they are kindly requested to click the link given below.