Les Équipements Woody Inc. based in 205, rue commerciale, Saint-Odilon, QC G0S 3A0 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Welder who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Flexible Hours, 06:00 to 16:30. The position of Welder has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Les Équipements Woody Inc.
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $46,000 to $58,000 annually for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 205, rue commerciale, Saint-Odilon, QC G0S 3A0
- The candidate must be able to read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings, specifications, manuals, and processes.
- The candidate will be expected to examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications.
- The candidate will be required to operate brakes, shears, and other metal shaping, straightening, and bending machines.
- The candidate will be required to fit, braze, and torch-straighten metal.
- The candidate must be able to use oxygen arc cutting equipment (arc-air) (AOC)
- The candidate must be able to use hoisting and lifting equipment.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- The candidate must have a Registered Apprenticeship certificate or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in an industrial setting.
Experience and specialization
Type of materials
- The materials used are steel, iron, and heavy metals.
- Welding techniques include gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with an Arc welding machine.
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be skilled in custom fabrication, machinery or equipment repair, structural construction, factory assembly, and fencing, balconies, stairs, and railings.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Health care plan and Paramedical services coverage.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits.
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking, Employer-paid learning/training, On-site amenities and Team building opportunities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed