Curb Signs Inc. based in 145 Engelhard Drive, Aurora, ON L4G 3V1 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Welder who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate must be available to work during the day shift and be willing to work overtime.
Employer Name: Curb Signs Inc.
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $24.00 to $26.00 hourly (to be negotiated) 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 145 Engelhard Drive, Aurora, ON L4G 3V1
- The candidate must be able to use manual, semi-automatic, and fully automated welding equipment.
- The candidate must be able to read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings, specifications, manuals, and processes.
- The candidate will be expected to examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications.
- The candidate must be able to operate either manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- The candidate will be required to operate brakes, shears, and other metal shaping, straightening, and bending machines.
- The candidate will be required to fit, braze, and torch-straighten metal.
- The candidate must determine the weldability of materials.
- The candidate must be able to use hoisting and lifting equipment.
- The candidate must be able to operate previously set-up welding machines in order to fabricate or repair metal parts and products.
- The candidate must operate previously set-up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal or fill holes, indentations, and seams in metal.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain and repair welding, brazing, and soldering equipment.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a College/CEGEP diploma or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate will be required to work in the Industrial and Manufacturing sectors.
Experience and specialization
Type of materials
- Materials include aluminum alloys, non-ferrous materials and steel, iron, and heavy metals.
- Welding techniques include Gas metal arc welding (GMAW), Flux core arc welding (FCAW), Spool and Welding plastic.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with an Arc welding machine, a Brazing machine, a Butt or seam resistance welding machine, a Gas welding machine, a Soldering machine, and a Spot welding machine.
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be skilled in custom fabrication, structural construction, factory assembly and fencing, balconies, stairs and railings.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate does not have access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must have their own tools, steel-toed safety boots, hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, gloves, and welding helmet.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits.
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking and Travel insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
145 Engelhard Drive
Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM
905-713-8070 Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM