Duratec Building Systems based in Perth, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Waterproofer – construction who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Duratec Building Systems
Position: Waterproofer – construction
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Perth, ON
- The candidate must be able to mix, pour, and spread materials.
- The candidate must clean and stack salvaged materials.
- The candidate must clean up chemical spills and other contaminants.
- The candidate must remove rubble and other debris from construction sites.
- The candidate will be required to tend or feed construction machines or equipment.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a Class 3 or D driver’s licence, a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) certificate, and have completed a Fall Arrest Protection Training Course.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with bushing guns, circular saws, air compressors, air guns, nail guns, drills, and torches.
- The candidate must be skilled in the construction of industrial, commercial, and institutional buildings.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driving record check (abstract).
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots, hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, and gloves.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 5455
- Cover letter