Ruby Siam Thai Kitchen based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Waiter/waitress – food and beverage services who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time leading to full time job. The shift timings include Weekend and Morning.
Employer Name: Ruby Siam Thai Kitchen
Position: Waiter/waitress – food and beverage services
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $16.70 hourly / 7 to 20 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Surrey, BC
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate must present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travellers cheques, or room billings.
- The candidate will be expected to describe menu items, including daily specials, to customers.
- The candidate will be expected to advise on menu selections.
- The candidate must balance cash and keep sales records.
- The candidate must clear and clean tables, trays, and chairs.
- The candidate must greet customers, present menus, make recommendations, and answer questions about food and beverages.
- The candidate must be able to serve food and beverages.
- The candidate will be responsible for taking orders and relaying them to kitchen and bar staff.
- The candidate must train staff.
- The candidate must assist clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate must provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in hot conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in a restaurant.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- The candidate must be familiar with an electronic cash register and a point of sale system.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate will receive Employer-paid learning and training, as well as Parking facilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
5723 176 Street BC suite unit 1
Between 11:00 AM and 05:00 PM
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter