Vegetable farm worker
Shuswap Organics Inc based in Enderby, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Vegetable farm worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job.
Employer Name: Shuswap Organics Inc
Position: Vegetable farm worker
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $16.50 to $18.00 hourly (to be negotiated) 40 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Enderby, BC
- The candidate will be in charge of grading.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting vegetables by hand.
- The candidate will be in charge of hoeing crops.
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of weeding.
- The candidate will be responsible for fertilising and spraying crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect the product for quality and prepare it for market.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
Work Site Environment
- Farm operations include organic farming, and other vegetable and melon farming (except potato).
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in hot conditions.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- Crops include cabbage, carrots, cauliflowers, cucumbers, garlic, onions and zucchini.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a farm truck, tillage equipment, and a vegetable harvester.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience