Hillside Gardens Ltd. based in 1383 River Rd. Bradford, West Gwillimbury, ON L3Z 4A6 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Vegetable farm foreman/woman who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Overtime.
Employer Name: Hillside Gardens Ltd.
Position: Vegetable farm foreman/woman
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $26.10 to $27.00 hourly for 45 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 1383 River Rd. Bradford, West Gwillimbury, ON L3Z 4A6
- The candidate will be expected to co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of quality control and production records.
- The candidate will be in charge of supervising and overseeing growing and other crop-related operations.
- The candidate will be expected to keep work records and logs.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to carry out general farm duties.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 3 to 4 people.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty and hot conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be willing to work in rural and remote areas.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- The crops are carrots, cauliflowers, and onions.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with harvesters and forklifts.
Security and Safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driver’s licence validity check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be able to handle a heavy workload.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits.
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive free parking and paid time off (volunteering or personal days).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.