Truck driver, tractor-trailer
Highlight Motor Freight Inc. based in Concord, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver, tractor-trailer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Truck driver, tractor-trailer has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Highlight Motor Freight Inc.
Position: Truck driver, tractor-trailer
No. of vacancies: 30
Salary: $24.50 hourly for 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Concord, ON
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must drive lighter, special-purpose trucks.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports, Trans-border documentation and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be familiar with the Trip recorder (on-board computer).
- The candidate must be familiar with both International and National regions.
- The candidate should have prior experience running both long-distance and short-distance trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal record check, driving record check (abstract), and drug test.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to travel overnight.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must have a cell phone and steel-toed safety boots.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Health care plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
391 Creditstone Rd
391 Creditstone Rd
L4K 1N8 Between 08:00 AM and 06:00 PM
905-761-1400 Between 08:00 AM and 06:00 PM