SKF Transport Ltd based in Calgary, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver, long haul who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: SKF Transport Ltd
Position: Truck driver, long haul
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $27.50 hourly 35 to 70 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Calgary, AB
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate must perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
- The candidate should be familiar with International, National, and Provincial/territorial regions.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.