Truck driver, long haul
SFX Transport based in Charlottetown, PE is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver, long haul who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate must be available to work during Flexible Hours. The position of Truck driver, long haul has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: SFX Transport
Position: Truck driver, long haul
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $50,000 to $90,000 annually for 48 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Charlottetown, PE
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence, an Air Brakes Endorsement, a Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks), a Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (CVOR) Certificate, and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a remote location.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Driver logbook, Trans-border documentation and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Trucking and equipment types include Refrigerated.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must be familiar with the Trip recorder (on-board computer)
- The candidate must be well-versed in both international and provincial or territorial regions.
- The candidate must have long-haul transportation experience.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check, driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract), drug test, and medical exam.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel across borders.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to travel overnight.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Other benefits.
- In addition to the Health and Long term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking and Paid time off (volunteering or personal days).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Proof of the requested certifications