Chohan Freight Forwarders Ltd. based in Aldergrove, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver, long haul who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Chohan Freight Forwarders Ltd.
Position: Truck driver, long haul
No. of vacancies: 20
Salary: $27.00 hourly for 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Aldergrove, BC
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate will be required to obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will have to pay for and receive payments for goods.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Driver logbook and Trip reports.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check, driving record check (abstract), and medical exam.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.