JAGJOT EXPRESS INC based in 71 Vulcan Street suite 4-5, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1L4 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck Driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. By providing value to its customers, Jagjot Express pioneered the concept of quality transportation services. We are proud to be a family-owned and operated trucking company with a clear vision for the future, having been founded in the year 2000. Our future plans include continued growth and a focus on LTL and truckload transport of your dry goods and perishable commodities.
We have a modern fleet of temperature-controlled trailers that provide safe and secure transportation for your commodities that require ambient, cool, or frozen temperatures. During the winter, we also offer ‘freeze protection’ for your temperature-sensitive goods. Our first priority at Jagjot Express is always to keep your goods and our drivers safe. Many factors contribute to our safety and compliance programme, such as the quality and experience of the drivers we hire, regular training programmes, the purchase of late model premium equipment, a stringent maintenance schedule on and off the road, strictly enforced electronic log programmes, and adherence to hours of service regulations for both single and team drivers.
We have a solid reputation for keeping our promises and being proactive problem solvers when circumstances beyond our control cause shipment delays. Our appointment delivery on-time performance leads the industry. We are C-TPAT certified, as well as a customs bonded carrier in both Canada and the United States. Our transportation professionals treat each shipment with the care and importance you expect, and our continued growth is a direct reflection of satisfied customers. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or Permanent employment. The position of Truck Driver has been approved by the LMIA.
Employer Name: JAGJOT EXPRESS INC
Position: Truck Driver
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $24.25 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: 71 Vulcan Street suite 4-5, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1L4
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer
- The candidate will be required to inspect vehicles on a daily basis for cleanliness, mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be required to adjust brakes.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate would be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to plan travel, itineraries, and reservations.
- The candidate would be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for pre-trip, en route, and post-trip vehicle inspections, as well as overseeing all aspects of the vehicle.
- The candidate will be in charge of receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be in charge of transport goods and materials by operating and driving straight or articulated trucks.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods
- The candidate will be in charge of driving lighter, special-purpose trucks.
- The candidate will be in charge of tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate will be required to transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- The candidate will be required to plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- The candidate will be expected to deliver goods on time to the client.
- The candidate will be required to transport all fragile and heavy items carefully.
- The candidate will be required to monitor and refuel oil in the truck as and when needed.
- The candidate will be required to follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- The candidate will be required to drive with extreme caution.
- The candidate must document and log work/rest periods, kilometres driven, and keep fuel/toll receipts.
- The candidate must follow truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods), as well as company policies and procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to obey and follow all traffic laws.
- The candidate will be expected to secure cargo as well as properly arrange and balance it within the vehicle.
- Before driving, the candidate must ensure that any mechanical issues with the vehicle are corrected.
- The candidate will be required to provide a high standard of Customer Service while delivering goods to customers.
- The candidate will be responsible for responsible keeping their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- The candidate will be responsible for responsible for counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up to ensure accurate paperwork for customer transactions.
- The candidate will be required to collect and verify delivery instructions.
- The candidate will be required to notify the dispatcher of any road incidents.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have AZ class license.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication
- The candidate should have extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- The candidate must have clean driving record.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight.
- The candidate must be able to drive for long periods of time and travel frequently.
- The candidate must be adaptable and foresighted in order to deal with unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of safety regulations, including not only traffic laws but also rules governing how often they must rest, the maximum number of miles they can drive, and so on.
- The candidate should have good knowledge about Local and Provincial or territorial regions.
- The candidate must have a basic level of security clearance.
- The candidate must be willing to submit to regular background and drug checks.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate should be proficient in Operating GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
- The candidate should be well-versed in the use of Trip recorder (on-board computer)
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should have strong documentation knowledge in Accident or incident reports, Trip reports, Maintenance and repair reports, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Dangerous goods occurrence reports, Driver logbook and Bill of lading.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have clean driving record with no at-fault accidents or traffic citations.
- The candidate must have a Cell phone.
- The candidate should be willing to travel cross-border
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting position
- The candidate should be physically fit.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.