McKevitt Trucking Limited based in Thunder Bay, ON is looking for suitable candidates for the position of Truck Driver who is self-motivated and has good interpersonal skills. McKevitt Trucking has built valuable relationships with each of its customers over the years. Our strength is in understanding each of their requirements and providing personalised service to meet each commitment. Our modern fleet includes 165 tractors, including highway tractors, straight trucks, and day cabs. Our trailer pool consists of approximately 450 trailers that provide temperature-controlled (heaters and reefers), a dry van, a flat deck, and a step deck trailer service.
We are a C-TPAT, PIP, FAST, and SMARTWAY member. Because we are an asset-based carrier, our customers can have peace of mind knowing that their freight will be handled by experienced drivers and staff. We have a business relationship with each of our customers while also maintaining a family relationship. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or Permanent employment. The selected candidates will be required to work during the day shift
Employer Name: McKevitt Trucking Limited
Position: Truck Driver
No. of vacancies:1
Salary: $25.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer
- The candidate will be in charge of receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be in charge of transport goods and materials by operating and driving straight or articulated trucks.
- The candidate would be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for pre-trip, en route, and post-trip vehicle inspections, as well as overseeing all aspects of the vehicle.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be required to adjust brakes.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods
- The candidate will be in charge of driving lighter, special-purpose trucks.
- The candidate will be in charge of tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate would be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be required to transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- The candidate will be required to inspect vehicles on a daily basis for cleanliness, mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- The candidate will be required to plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- The candidate will be expected to deliver goods on time to the client.
- The candidate will be required to transport all fragile and heavy items carefully.
- The candidate will be required to monitor and refuel oil in the truck as and when needed.
- The candidate will be required to follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- The candidate will be required to drive with extreme caution.
- The candidate must document and log work/rest periods, kilometres driven, and keep fuel/toll receipts.
- The candidate must follow truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods), as well as company policies and procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to obey and follow all traffic laws.
- The candidate will be expected to secure cargo as well as properly arrange and balance it within the vehicle.
- Before driving, the candidate must ensure that any mechanical issues with the vehicle are corrected.
- The candidate will be required to provide a high standard of Customer Service while delivering goods to customers.
- The candidate will be responsible for responsible keeping their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- The candidate will be responsible for responsible for counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up to ensure accurate paperwork for customer transactions.
- The candidate will be required to collect and verify delivery instructions.
- The candidate will be required to notify the dispatcher of any road incidents.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of other trades certificate or diploma
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate must have Air Brake (Z) Endorsement certificate and AZ class license.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication
- The candidate should have extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight.
- The candidate must be able to drive for long periods of time and travel frequently.
- The candidate must be adaptable and foresighted in order to deal with unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of safety regulations, including not only traffic laws but also rules governing how often they must rest, the maximum number of miles they can drive, and so on.
- The candidate must be willing to submit to regular background and drug checks.
- The candidate should be proficient in Operating GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
- The candidate should be well-versed in the use of Trip recorder (on-board computer)
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate must travel frequently or constantly.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting position
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should have strong documentation knowledge in Trip reports, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip) and Bill of lading
- The candidate should have good knowledge about Local and Provincial or territorial regions
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have clean driving record with no at-fault accidents or traffic citations
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence
- Health, Long term and Financial benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan and Vision care benefits
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Long-term care insurance
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidates would get benefits as per collective agreement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
1200 Carrick Street
Thunder Bay, ON
1200 Carrick Street
Thunder Bay, ON
P7B 5P9 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM
855-625-3848 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM